Sales Specialist - Job description
The Concerto Index Sales Specialist will be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as prospecting for new sales of Concerto products. The specialist will travel to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
This role entails educating, positioning and licensing Concerto’s suite of index products and index data to prospective clients in asset management, banking and ETF providers. The Sales Specialists will use his/her knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using Concerto products.
This position requires involvement in all aspects of account management, including relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding Concerto’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indices are used by the investment community is ongoing. In this role, individuals will work closely with the Managing Partners.
Total Relationship Management involving:
· High level management contact
· Strategic planning with an account
· New product placement
· Identification of opportunities across other business segments
· Answer detailed client inquiries about Concerto’s products and methodologies
· Achieve targeted revenue goals
· Inform all clients about Concerto products, announcements, projects, etc.
· Work with other departments to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
· Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
· Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
· Provide feedback from clients to Product Management, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
Desired Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; additional education is a plus
· 5+ years of experience in the financial service industry
· Minimum of 3-5 years direct sales experience, ideally with financial indices and a proven record of accomplishment
· Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
· Good sales closing skills
· Good analytical and quantitative skills
· Good understanding of/experience dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants
· Good understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
· A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
· Thorough understanding of the investment management process
· Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
· German, English and ideally French
Earliest Start: immediately
Have we raised your interest? Then send your application documents to the following address:
Concerto Financial Solutions GmbH
Attn: Mr. Michael Abraham
Grosser Hirschgraben 15
60311 Frankfurt am Main
Tel. +49 69 247 5583 77
or by mail to: